The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gillespie Adds another.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gingerraider

gingerraider

Gillespie Adds another.  Empty
PostSubject: Gillespie Adds another.    Gillespie Adds another.  EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

After a junior season where he led his high school basketball program to a 4A Division-I State Championship, and a senior season in which he broke several state scoring records and led the state of Arizona this past season in scoring, McClintock High School's 6-foot-7 unsigned senior prospect Cameron Forte has achieved his biggest accomplishment of all - landing a division-I scholarship from a high-major program in the Big-12 Conference.

After a terrific spring and summer performance this club season, Forte became the state's top unsigned prospect. Tuesday evening on the eve of the start to this year's exciting Desert Duel basketball tournament, Forte gave a verbal commitment to Texas Tech University and new head coach Billy Gillispie.

"I am so excited right now," said Forte. "I really liked what coach Gillispie had to say about me and my future at their program. I have a long road ahead, but I am going to become the best player I can be there."

After an exceptional spring and already summer performance thus far, Forte had risen to become one of the top unsigned senior prospects on the West Coast. While many have tried to not believe that Forte could achieve such a billing, his dominant performance in April's Double Pump Spring Classic held in Las Vegas, when he led his Arizona Magic Pump N' Run team to a tournament championship, was a great start to the spring evaluation period.

After continuing his strong play throughout the remainder of the spring, Forte turned in another MVP-like performance in the Adidas Three Stripes event held in Anaheim, California - leading his team to another major tournament championship.

Forte had led his club program to an impressive 29-straight victories this club season, before a loss in last week's Adidas Super 64 tournament in Las Vegas.

Throughout this off-season, Forte has turned up his play on and off the court.

Once a poor teammate and an individual on both ends of the floor, Forte has matured a great deal to mesh with his club teammates, and lead them to numerous victories this club season.

Forte had been receiving strong interest from such schools as Washington, Texas, Colorado, Saint Mary's, UTEP, Northern Colorado and UC-Riverside, before making his commitment Tuesday evening.

Forte advised me that he will take an official visit to the school after the July evaluation period is complete, and then sign with the Big-12 program before school starts.

Forte was leaning towards attending a prep school this fall before making his decison on Texas Tech.

Forte led McClintock High School to it's first ever 4A Division-I state title as a junior in 2010, and led the state in scoring this past high school season with an eye-popping 37 points per/game scoring average. He broke the 4A state record this past season with 63 points in a single game.

Forte is already a full academic qualifier, and has passed the NCAA Clearinghouse.

Arizona Preps Scouting Report: Forte is a unique talent, as he is able to play several positions on the floor, including the point position, where he is a serious mismatch. He has a long, rangy body with an excellent wingspan and broad shoulders. He also has exceptional athleticism for his size. Forte utilizes his athleticism to make plays in the open floor and while slashing to the basket, where is an excellent finisher in traffic. Also a highlight reel dunker, Forte is capable of finishing plays very strong at the rim over defenders, especially in the open floor where he thrives. Forte is an excellent offensive rebounder, as a result of his tremendous length and excellent timing for the ball. He is capable of becoming a much better defender, although he lacks effort at times on the defensive end. Much more focus in this area of his game is needed to allow him to reach his maximum potential as a player. While he has an unorthodox shooting stroke from the perimeter, he makes shots at a high rate and with good range on his shot. Very few players in the country possess Forte's combination of size, athleticism and offensive prowess. He has a bright future ahead of him with continued work ethic. His versatility as a player is similar to a young Tayshaun Prince of the NBA's Detroit Pistons
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze

Gillespie Adds another.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Soapbox :: Sports :: College Sports-
Jump to: