The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tipping at Sonic.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gingerraider

gingerraider

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Where do you stand?

I don't tip at sonic unless it is a hot chick and she is wearing roller skates. I purposely pay with a credit card. They get paid minimum wage and I dont tip at any other fast food restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
KyleJones

KyleJones

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 pm

gingerraider wrote:
Where do you stand?

I don't tip at sonic unless it is a hot chick and she is wearing roller skates. I purposely pay with a credit card. They get paid minimum wage and I dont tip at any other fast food restaurant.

Lowest level carhops are paid tipped minimum wage. It's a lot less hourly pay than the guy at the McDonalds window giving you your mcnuggets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
gingerraider

gingerraider

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 pm

I still wont tip. They should have worked at mcdonalds then.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Garner
Admin
Garner

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:53 am

I rarely find myself at sonic anymore, but I understand where you are coming from. Sonic Corporation chooses to pay their servers less than that of McDonald's employees. To me, its an ingenious way for the Sonic Corp to cut down on their expenses.

If your employees cost that much less, but they will still work because the customer base will support them enough to make it work then they are golden. If everyone, unanimously stopped tipping sonic car-hops Sonic couldn't employee their people at that wage level.

I bet Kyle's brother, on average, makes more than the McDonalds employee across the street.

Just their business model. Clever until too many people like yourself come along.
Back to top Go down
https://thesoapbox.forumotion.com
BlackMansWish

BlackMansWish

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 am

Only under two circumstances do I tip a Sonic car hop.

1) They wear roller blades like a boss and have a cup size of C or greater.
2) They let me throw sticks in front of them as they skate.

Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 am

My bro actually got grandfathered in to the new tipping minimum wage system like 2 years ago, so he gets payed whatever regular minimum wage is, plus tips. Makes a surprising amount of money there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
Sponsored content

Tipping at Sonic.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tipping at Sonic.    Tipping at Sonic.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tipping at Sonic.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Soapbox :: The Soapbox Hangout :: Hangout-
Jump to: