The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rumor: Leach to Ok State

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vance

Vance

Rumor: Leach to Ok State Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Leach to Ok State   Rumor: Leach to Ok State EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman drops this little nugget in the middle of a column filled with "semi-outrageous" predictions for the 2010 season: Bohls says that Mike Gundy could be fired by Oklahoma State if the team underachieves again (which seems possible given that the team lost a lot of weapons from the 2009 unit), and that new offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen or, gasp, his mentor, Mike Leach, could end up succeeding Gundy.

Leach landing in Stillwater actually makes more sense than his landing in Colorado, since he served a stint in Norman as Bob Stoops' OC and he could continue to recruit the same places he did at Texas Tech. Moreover, he wouldn't have to completely overhaul the OSU offense since Holgorsen is already doing it for him this year. Plus, he could keep Holgorsen as his OC.

Most important, with sugar daddy T. Boone Pickens' wallet, the Cowboys would be able to pay Leach what the Pirate thinks he deserves. (According to Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, many insiders believe that Leach's tenure in Lubbock went downhill after contentious contract negotiations.)

If this were to happen I could not help but feel happy for Leach but at the same time sorry for Tech because he will throw everything he has at us everytime we play him. It could also finally boil over the rivalry that is starting to surface between Ok State and Tech.
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Leach to Ok State   Rumor: Leach to Ok State EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Yeah, we will hear these "rumors" a bunch this year. With a high caliber coach like Leach you can bet that a rumor will come from every school off this list http://www.coacheshotseat.com/index.php

But my bet is Hawaii after the coach gets fired prior to missing the bowl game. I mean come on Hawaii, Leach, Pirates, Ocean, far from the media scrutinizing everything he does. Its a perfect match to get his feet back off the plank.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Leach to Ok State   Rumor: Leach to Ok State EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 pm

gingerraider wrote:
Yeah, we will hear these "rumors" a bunch this year. With a high caliber coach like Leach you can bet that a rumor will come from every school off this list http://www.coacheshotseat.com/index.php

But my bet is Hawaii after the coach gets fired prior to missing the bowl game. I mean come on Hawaii, Leach, Pirates, Ocean, far from the media scrutinizing everything he does. Its a perfect match to get his feet back off the plank.

Like I said.... we will hear these rumors alot. First up Leach to Arizona State LINKYPOO
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Leach to Ok State   Rumor: Leach to Ok State Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Leach to Ok State
Page 1 of 1