The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leach the broadcaster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vance

Vance

Leach the broadcaster Empty
PostSubject: Leach the broadcaster   Leach the broadcaster EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 am

In his decade-long tenure at Texas Tech, we got a couple tastes of Mike Leach unleashed in front of the camera.

They were delicious.

Surprisingly applicable dating advice? He's good for it. He also showed potential as a future meteorologist, an emergency career any news station would be glad to indulge if it would like its web traffic to skyrocket.

The best line from his weather report: "You're going to be dead in 100 years anyway. Live dangerously," Leach said, minutes before revealing that his favorite weather is raining mud, a product of simultaneous dust and rain storms.

Copyright laws prevent me from linking to those videos directly, but I've heard rumors of places on the Internet where both still live.

But now, he's got a new gig. And it's going to be awesome.

Leach, who also has a law degree from Pepperdine University, one of the nation's top law schools, has signed on to call games as an analyst for CBS College Sports.

The fledgling 7-year-old network only broadcasts Conference USA, Mountain West and service academy games, but if you have the somewhat elusive station on your cable package, you're going to want to set your DVRs for his games this fall. Tough luck if you don't have it, but like another CBS legend -- Gus Johnson -- his greatest hits will probably make their way onto YouTube eventually.

I've never had much of a desire to watch UTEP and Memphis go at it, but I will this year.
Back to top Go down

Leach the broadcaster
Page 1 of 1