The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upcoming Season

Go down 
+6
BlackMansWish
IB29
KyleJones
KGeddes
Garner
gingerraider
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackMansWish

BlackMansWish

Upcoming Season - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am

tbraddock wrote:
Yeah I've done yahoo the last two years and it will randomly pick it for you a little before. The commish just has to set the rules and times i think.

Trey, you think Trent will want to play in our fantasy league this year? And do you think he will ever join this forum?
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 am

tbraddock wrote:
Yeah I've done yahoo the last two years and it will randomly pick it for you a little before. The commish just has to set the rules and times i think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all participants of the league will be able to simultaneously get online, at a pre-determined time, and make their picks one after another from their computers? Because getting everyone to the same physical location is no longer an option.
Back to top Go down
https://thesoapbox.forumotion.com
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 am

BlackMansWish wrote:
tbraddock wrote:

Trey, you think Trent will want to play in our fantasy league this year? And do you think he will ever join this forum?

Yea, because having a total of 10 friends is way more convenient than 9.
Back to top Go down
tbraddock

tbraddock

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 am

Garner wrote:
tbraddock wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all participants of the league will be able to simultaneously get online, at a pre-determined time, and make their picks one after another from their computers? Because getting everyone to the same physical location is no longer an option.

Yes, the commish sets the rules such as the points etc and the date and time. So pick a time that works for everyone such as a sunday night or something. Then everyone can just log on from their computers wherever they are and draft. If you can't make it, you can set a list of players you want and the computer can auto draft for that person.

As for trent, im not sure. Ive tried to get him to play in my leagues the last couple of years because he always talks shit about it but he never wants to. I think it might be different since he will know everyone in this league though. Im sure he'll join this pretty soon, I think he's been out of town for a job training.
Back to top Go down
IB29

IB29

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 am

Random works for me.....
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 am

tbraddock wrote:

Yes, the commish sets the rules such as the points etc and the date and time. So pick a time that works for everyone such as a sunday night or something. Then everyone can just log on from their computers wherever they are and draft. If you can't make it, you can set a list of players you want and the computer can auto draft for that person.

As for trent, im not sure. Ive tried to get him to play in my leagues the last couple of years because he always talks shit about it but he never wants to. I think it might be different since he will know everyone in this league though. Im sure he'll join this pretty soon, I think he's been out of town for a job training.

Good deal. This will probably be the easiest option for us then.

If trent declines the offer to play, we should still get a 10th.
Back to top Go down
tbraddock

tbraddock

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:57 am

Yeah that shouldnt be a problem. I think we should all agree on a point system as well as positions that will be used because I know everyone is probably used to different rules.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 am

I can write a logarithm that will do a lottery draft for us based on records and stats from last year.

It comes down to Trey and Trent (assuming he joins) would have the best odds, and it'd go in reverse... I'd have the worst odds, Ian next, geddes, cheese, ect.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:11 am

tbraddock wrote:
Yeah that shouldnt be a problem. I think we should all agree on a point system as well as positions that will be used because I know everyone is probably used to different rules.

Totally.

Kyle and I discussed this earlier as well. Last season there was some discrepancy, with no fault to anything but inexperience, over some of the point values.

In the other thread, Kyle mentioned he is already working on getting a layout, as far as position quantities and point totals are concerned, for this season. Because we have gotten on top of this so early, we have the time to break down each position's point contributions and discuss them indvidually and then the big picture.

For Example:

We'll figure out what we want to do with the QB's point scale then move on to RBs.

It will still be brief, but hopefully get a format everyone is happy with and prove for a balanced fantasy season.

**Any point suggestions should be posted in the other thread.
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:12 am

KyleJones wrote:
I can write a logarithm that will do a lottery draft for us based on records and stats from last year.

It comes down to Trey and Trent (assuming he joins) would have the best odds, and it'd go in reverse... I'd have the worst odds, Ian next, geddes, cheese, ect.

Thoughts?

More complicated and more likely to start something.

I'm for it.
Back to top Go down
tbraddock

tbraddock

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 am

I really dont care. Its yalls league so I'll do whatever. I'll try to get trent on board next time i hear from him.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 am

tbraddock wrote:
I really dont care. Its yalls league so I'll do whatever. I'll try to get trent on board next time i hear from him.

we're doing this league collectively, and it's a new season, so all input is greatly consider. Let us know if trent is in. We'd like to have him.
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 am

So I do custom scoring and don't notice that return yards count and now my head is on a pike...wtf mate
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 am

Vance wrote:
So I do custom scoring and don't notice that return yards count and now my head is on a pike...wtf mate

Haha, your head is far from a pike.

If anyone knew any better it would have been pointed out. Like I said, no fault except inexperience.
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:36 am

I know but last year was fucked none the less because of it
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 am

Vance wrote:

You mean Danny Amendola isnt the best WR?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 am

gingerraider wrote:
Vance wrote:

You mean Danny Amendola isnt the best WR?

No justin he is you should probably take him in the first
Back to top Go down
tbraddock

tbraddock

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Well there goes my strategy.
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Vance wrote:

I think Shit Team/Mike was equally detrimental
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Garner wrote:
Vance wrote:

I think Shit Team/Mike was equally detrimental

Yeah last year was filled with rookie mistakes and ask coach kubiak likes to say "players make the biggest jump going for year one to year two"
Back to top Go down
IB29

IB29

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:56 pm

I was just curious if anyone would ever be interested in turning our league into a dynasty league a few years down the road once we get all the kinks,rules, and teams worked out? I think it would be a pretty cool idea. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 pm

IB29 wrote:
I was just curious if anyone would ever be interested in turning our league into a dynasty league a few years down the road once we get all the kinks,rules, and teams worked out? I think it would be a pretty cool idea. Thoughts?

Agreed, Some type of keeper league would be really cool. Draft a fulll roster and only keep % of your roster and redraft the rest each season. It would be really enjoyable, but we need 1 more friend. 9 is a terrible number.
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Garner wrote:
IB29 wrote:

Agreed, Some type of keeper league would be really cool. Draft a fulll roster and only keep % of your roster and redraft the rest each season. It would be really enjoyable, but we need 1 more friend. 9 is a terrible number.

yeah where is trent? trey and status?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:48 pm

IB29 wrote:

let's do it this year. I'd love to keep Ray Rice, CJ, and DBrees!
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 am

I'd be cool with keeping Dre and Dallas Clark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Season   Upcoming Season - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Season
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next