The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Structure?

Go down 
+2
KyleJones
Garner
6 posters

5 Team Divisions
Yes, Lets split the league into two Divisions- 5 teams each
Fantasy League Structure? Vote_lcap83%Fantasy League Structure? Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
No, Lets keep it like last year
Fantasy League Structure? Vote_lcap17%Fantasy League Structure? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Garner
Admin
Garner

Fantasy League Structure? Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Would you guys be interested in doing 2 five team Divisions. You play everyteam in your division twice and and each team in the other division twice. Top 3 teams from each division advance to the playoffs.

Everyone played a few times twice each last year, but this will add some structure and kick up some in division rivalaries.

Thoughts? Discuss...
Back to top Go down
https://thesoapbox.forumotion.com
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 pm

That's sounds good to me.

Would the 2 teams who win the division get the top 2 seeds, or would it be by overall record? I'm kinda partial to overall record, with the divisions just giving the league more structure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 am

Well that is the kind of stuff we have to figure out.

I was thinking Division winners get the 1 and 2 seeds (based on record between them, their match score the tiebreaker if need be).

Something that needs to be considered with this format, however, is that it is very possible the 4th team from Divison A has a better record than the 3rd place team from Division B, but would miss the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:10 pm

for whoever voted No, would you at least weigh in as you are the first person to do so
Back to top Go down
Vance

Vance

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:34 am

I voted no because of all the uncertianty that y'all are talking about and if it comes down to the top three from each division going and not the actual top six teams then that is not how i want it to be. However, if it could be made, without a doubt, that only the top teams from each division go and then there are 4 wild card spots available I would be for it. It also boils down to if we have someone who gives up midseason then the people in that conference are at a real advantage at finishing in the top three.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:20 pm

3 Options for seeding playoffs:

- Division winners advance and are assigned top seeds: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs as the top seeds and the overall top division winner will be the #1 seed. All other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

- Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

- All teams seeded according to overall standings: All playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

The current setting is "Division winners advance and are assigned top seeds," which is what I prefer. The event that all 4 playoff teams are from the same division is pretty unlikely.
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:46 pm

I vote we have a power poll ranking voted weekly on by every team. 1 rule can't vote for yourself. top 2 teams at end of season regardless of overall record play in the championship?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 pm

gingerraider wrote:
I vote we have a power poll ranking voted weekly on by every team. 1 rule can't vote for yourself. top 2 teams at end of season regardless of overall record play in the championship?

Why

Vance wrote:
It also boils down to if we have someone who gives up midseason then the people in that conference are at a real advantage at finishing in the top three.

This is a great point and should definitely be considered.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Vance wrote:
It also boils down to if we have someone who gives up midseason then the people in that conference are at a real advantage at finishing in the top three.

I don't think anyone will give up if we're doing $20 a person,
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Garner wrote:
gingerraider wrote:

Why

Vance wrote:

This is a great point and should definitely be considered.

guys.... I was making fun of the bcs.... I want divisions. winners get #1 seeds wildcards based on overall record. I just want team Houston to whoop team Dallas!
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:47 pm

ian and i have played a league with divison and it allows the playoffs to run alot smoother and kinda goes with the real nfl
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:58 am

KyleJones wrote:
Vance wrote:

I don't think anyone will give up if we're doing $20 a person,

Considering how many bets our group of friends have made and the amount of money to actually exchange hands, I'm not positive a $20 bet is going to mentally bind anyone.

KGeddes wrote:
ian and i have played a league with divison and it allows the playoffs to run alot smoother and kinda goes with the real nfl

this is kind of the thinking, but vince's point must be considered. Especially considering we only have 6/10 people weighing in on the topic.
Back to top Go down
IB29

IB29

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Garner wrote:
Would you guys be interested in doing 2 five team Divisions. You play everyteam in your division twice and and each team in the other division twice. Top 3 teams from each division advance to the playoffs.

Everyone played a few times twice each last year, but this will add some structure and kick up some in division rivalaries.

Thoughts? Discuss...

KGeddes wrote:

This sounds good to me... It has worked well in the past....Also, who is going to handle the money situation? I say whoever is, post their mailing address and we all mail the 20 dollars asap and get that out of the way...thoughts?
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 pm

20 sounds good to me winner takes all? any volunteers to handle he money? Kyle you are commish what say you?
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:26 pm

$20 works. I can handle the moola. I'm thinking $180 for the champ and $20 to the runner up.

I'll post my address at the end of the month around the time of the draft when I'm actually in to my new apt.

REMINDER: Draft is set for Sunday August 29th at 4:00 pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Structure?   Fantasy League Structure? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Structure?
Page 1 of 1