The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft

Go down 
+3
IB29
Garner
KyleJones
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

2011 Fantasy Football League Snake or Auction Draft
Auction
VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Vote_lcap75%VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Snake
VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
KyleJones

KyleJones

VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 pm

With all the changes this league has gone through every year, me and Brian were discussing that doing auction this year will probably hurt the league long-term. We wanted to change our draft back to a snake style draft set on the same date. This has gone to Geddes already.

So, is there anybody opposed to doing an old fashioned SNAKE draft this season? I think we all know the answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:24 pm

KyleJones wrote:
With all the changes this league has gone through every year, me and Brian were discussing that doing auction this year will probably hurt the league long-term. We wanted to change our draft back to a snake style draft set on the same date. This has gone to Geddes already.

So, is there anybody opposed to doing an old fashioned SNAKE draft this season? I think we all know the answer.

I will change it and have Ian draw the names for the order tomorrow when i see him at the Game..
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 pm

For the reasons Jones stated above, I agree Snake is probably best for this league right now.

However, I would like to see this league, in the future, move to both an auction keeper format.
Back to top Go down
https://thesoapbox.forumotion.com
IB29

IB29

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I agreed with Jonesy and Bgar.....

Do you think we should decide how many players are going to be kept going into next years draft before this season starts? My vote is one keeper to start off like Bgar has stated in the past. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Love the Idea of having 1 keeper.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
IB29

IB29

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 pm

For Next year,

Lets say I drafted Aaron Rogers in the 1st round last year and I wanted to keep him. I will lose my 1st round pick for this years draft.

Lets say I drafted Hakeem Nicks in the 6th round last year and I wanted to keep him. I will lose my 6th round pick for this years draft.

Lets say I picked up Steve Johnson (WR) for Buffalo off the waiver wire last year and I wanted to keep him. I will lose my pick for the last round of the draft this year.

Lets say I traded for Arian Foster last year and I wanted to keep him. I will lose my draft pick wherever he was drafted by the guy I'm trading with.

Just and idea. What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:23 pm

I think no matter who you keep you lose your 1st round pick.

The choice to keep a player should be difficult, that way there is still some player turnover and some of the top 10 players are available next draft.

For instance you

Also, you the draft order should be determinded PRIOR to the Keeper deadline..

For instance My best player is Aaron Rodgers, I also have the 1st round pick. Should I keep aaron or give him up with for a better pick.

Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:05 am

gingerraider wrote:

The choice to keep a player should be difficult, that way there is still some player turnover and some of the top 10 players are available next draft.

For instance you

For instance My best player is Aaron Rodgers, I also have the 1st round pick. Should I keep aaron or give him up with for a better pick.

You are kind of all over the map with this.

I disagree with some of what I think you are saying.

If you take antonio gates with your 4th pick you will then lose your 3rd pick the following year. There is no reason you should lose your 1st pick for antonio gates or nobody will keep a player except their first pick.

Draft order will be randomly generated every year.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:48 am

gingerraider wrote:

For instance you

Nobody would keep a player if that was the case.

Keeper leagues are fun because they are based on future values and effect the way you draft now. Say you think Julio Jones will be good next year (2012)... you might want to take him in the 6th round this year to ensure you get him (albeit early) on your team. So you look silly in the present, but you're only risk is giving up a 6th round pick in the future on a potential top-10 guy year after year (depending on the # of seasons we keep a player). Then you look like a genius for snatching that dude up early and retaining his rights. Could play into a lot of strategies this season.

I like the you draft him in round 9, you give up an 8th rounder rule, but Ian's idea of giving up the same round you drafted a player simplifies things really well.

However, if we did make it a little steeper charge by giving up an earlier pick to keep someone, I propose the one round earlier until you get to 1st rounders. To keep a player drafted in the 1st round from the year prior, you give up your first round draft pick and pay 20% of the season's buy-in.

So in essence it's
- keep a 2011 4th round player, give up your 2012 3rd round pick
- keep a 2011 3rd round player, give up your 2012 2nd round pick
- keep a 2011 2nd round player, give up your 2012 1st round pick
- keep a 2011 1st round player, give up your 2012 1st round pick + 20% of your buy in. (In this case an extra $10 for league dues)

Also, back to Justin's idea of wanting to still have top 10 talent available to all fantasy owners every season, we could make the stakes even higher to keep a player. Like give up a pick two rounds earlier, and make the buy-in keep percentage higher.

Just an idea. My head hurts writing this. Good luck reading it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am

There are a few things we need to consider about Keeper leagues-

1. Is ESPN.com capable of augmenting draft orders and what not or does a keeper league in which I have antonio gates in exchange for my 3rd pick (because i took him in in the 4th round in 2011) going to be have to tracked and completed live.

If that is the case, we need to kind of htink how we would draft next year. a giant conference call? could get messy.

2. Undrafted players picked off the waiver wire should cost a 10th round pick.

3. instead of us guessing and going through as many growing pains as this will introduce, lets just find some nicely written rule book online that someone has already mapped out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft   VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

VOTE: Snake or Auction FFB Draft
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4