The Soapbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Soapbox

A place to keep in touch, organize fantasy, debate sports, and discuss all things awesome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Football 2011

Go down 
+5
BlackMansWish
gingerraider
Garner
KyleJones
KGeddes
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KGeddes

KGeddes

Fantasy Football 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:35 am

With everything falling into place with the NFL its time for the league to start being put together. Since I have sent out invites and waiting on a few replies I am going to invite Cody to come play with us to fill in the Dallas division. There is two spots left on the Houston side and I have sent an invite to Vince and im still waiting on Austins email so I can send him an invite.

Also I have that paypal account set up for you guys to send the money. I would like to get all the money in before the draft which is about 41 days away. You can send it to k.geddes8@yahoo.com. You can send it in increments of $10 or just pay all of it at once.

If any one has any suggestions or topics they would like to bring up about the rules, money or people in the league let me know?

FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:53 pm

I thought Trey Braddock and Austin Jennings were our 9th & 10th guys?

Treys email from last years league is trey.braddock@yahoo.com

Schultze, you said you were gonna get Austin's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/kylejonesy
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 pm

In the other thread I thought it was settled that the league would be:

1. Myself
2. Geddes
3. Ian
4. Bryce
5. Jason
6. Schultze
7. Trey
8. Vince
9. Jones
10. Jennings

I personally do not want to expand our league past ten guys.
Back to top Go down
https://thesoapbox.forumotion.com
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Garner wrote:
In the other thread I thought it was settled that the league would be:

1. Myself
2. Geddes
3. Ian
4. Bryce
5. Jason
6. Schultze
7. Trey
8. Vince
9. Jones
10. Jennings

I personally do not want to expand our league past ten guys.

Thats fine with me i want it at 10 but i dont want to wait for guys to accept invites, also i want to make sure we get guys who are going to pay up.
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm

also are you guys certian that austin and trey want to play again?
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 pm

I understand your wanting to get everything squared away asap, but free agency has not even begun. We have time still.

Yes, as I understand it trey has always been interested and Austin
Is very much interested in being the league rookie. Message people on Facebook if need be, but let's not start replacing people yet.
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't know why we are in panic mode with 5 weeks until the draft. We agreed that Trey and Austin are #9 & 10. Thats how it should stay.

I spoke with Trey today, He is very excited.
His email is: trey.bradock@yahoo.com

Austin is ready to go aswell, I spoke with him today. Here is his email.
ajennings@fractech.net

I'm real pumped to kick all your asses this year.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:20 pm

KGeddes wrote:

Thats fine with me i want it at 10 but i dont want to wait for guys to accept invites, also i want to make sure we get guys who are going to pay up.

Trey sent me his check early in the football season last year, so he's definitely reliable for fantasy dues.
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:47 pm

gingerraider wrote:
I don't know why we are in panic mode with 5 weeks until the draft. We agreed that Trey and Austin are #9 & 10. Thats how it should stay.

I spoke with Trey today, He is very excited.
His email is: trey.bradock@yahoo.com

Austin is ready to go aswell, I spoke with him today. Here is his email.
ajennings@fractech.net

I'm real pumped to kick all your asses this year.

im not worried to get people in here. I just want people in here as soon as possible so that we can get payments in before draft day , and also know where we stand just in case we need some one to take the spot of another person. So we dont have a shit team like first season. Even though bryce took that role last year
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

We have a solid ten. Lets stick with it. In order to avoid people becoming the future ahit teams, we could introduce preliminary measures to keep people invited all season.

First, I'd like to see this league move to a keeper league. We could start w 1 player

Or, last place pays a penalty and pays 50% more of the years entry fee they lost. Therefore Bryce would be paying $75 for his entry fee this year in this example.
Back to top Go down
gingerraider

gingerraider

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Garner wrote:
er

Or, last place pays a penalty and pays 50% more of the years entry fee they lost. Therefore Bryce would be paying $75 for his entry fee this year in this example.

I feel like that would cause more players to leave the league.

Like Marbury going to china for more money.

Back to top Go down
Http://www.twitter.com/justinschultze
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 pm

gingerraider wrote:
Garner wrote:
er

I feel like that would cause more players to leave the league.

Like Marbury going to china for more money.

Don't know
Just an idea.

My thinking is don't want to punish the 10th place's roster in fear of that person getting trapped in the cellar, but still have an incentive To play through the year. Having to pony up a few more bucks tends to get peoples attention.

The other advantage, it just grows the pot. 10th place could come back
And
Win the following season and win
Back his money.
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:59 pm

im not talking about the player sucking im talking about someone flaking the night of the draft, or players that take up a spot and doesnt fork up the entry fee.

also has anyone heard anything from vince?
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:04 pm

KGeddes wrote:
im not talking about the player sucking im talking about someone flaking the night of the draft, or players that take up a spot and doesnt fork up the entry fee.

Flaking draft day has yet to be an issue in our two years. Why would this now be a Concern?

Side note, did you ever figure out my winnings from the NCAA tournament?
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:49 pm

KGeddes wrote:

Hung out with Vince Friday and had lunch with him yesterday. He's just been in Houston away from his computer in Lubbock. He's aware he's been invited and is all in to play Fantasy this season.
Back to top Go down
BlackMansWish

BlackMansWish

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

You can tell Geddes is in A/P...

Sidenote: Blow me.
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Garner wrote:
KGeddes wrote:

Flaking draft day has yet to be an issue in our two years. Why would this now be a Concern?

it was the first year thats why we had a shit team
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:03 pm

KGeddes wrote:
Garner wrote:
KGeddes wrote:

I don't remember someone failing to show, who was it? I just thought we had the terrible shit team idea because we only had 9 guys and didn't wtf we were doing.

Regardless, its not an issue. Wasn't last year. Wasn't an issue with with any of the guys we still have here from season 1.

Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Garner wrote:
KGeddes wrote:

I don't remember someone failing to show, who was it? I just thought we had the terrible shit team idea because we only had 9 guys and didn't wtf we were doing.

Regardless, its not an issue. Wasn't last year. Wasn't an issue with with any of the guys we still have here from season 1.

ya last year was good, just wanna make sure everything is ok and everyone is ok paying the entry fee
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Wait, so did anyone fail to show year 1?

I've reached out to everyone and told them to get on the page and familiarize themselves with whats going on.
Back to top Go down
KyleJones

KyleJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Garner wrote:

I've reached out to everyone and told them to get on the page and familiarize themselves with whats going on.

It was big Vic. He was in El Paso or something and nobody wanted to do a telephone thing or something. Regardless, it was just an in person draft and last year we had all 10 remotely with no giant issues. We just need to make sure we can get everyone to draft at a suitable time.
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:15 pm

KyleJones wrote:
Garner wrote:

It was big Vic. He was in El Paso or something and nobody wanted to do a telephone thing or something. Regardless, it was just an in person draft and last year we had all 10 remotely with no giant issues. We just need to make sure we can get everyone to draft at a suitable time.

I can't believe you remember that.

Draft time is something that is easiest to just throw out a general day, before the first week of the regular season. Just say Thursday at 7:00pm. If anyone has issues, we adjust according until we dial it in.
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Garner wrote:
KyleJones wrote:

Draft time is something that is easiest to just throw out a general day, before the first week of the regular season. Just say Thursday at 7:00pm. If anyone has issues, we adjust according until we dial it in.

I made it on labor day, it is a week before the season starts
Back to top Go down
KGeddes

KGeddes

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 pm

sent out all the invites
Back to top Go down
Garner
Admin
Garner

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:42 pm

KGeddes wrote:
Garner wrote:
KyleJones wrote:

I made it on labor day, it is a week before the season starts

Haha, thats fine with me, but surely someone ends up taking advantage of the three day weekend. We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football 2011   Fantasy Football 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football 2011
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next